The first step in providing the best care for your pet begins with fast and accurate diagnostic capability. From assessing a fracture to preparing for surgery, a thorough diagnosis of what is making your pet ill is the first step in helping your pet feel better as quickly as possible.
At North Hills Veterinary Clinic, we are pleased to have a complete on-site diagnostic laboratory, making it possible for us to get results quickly and accurately. Some of the many tests we can perform include:
- Blood chemistry panel—This diagnostic tool is used to examine kidney function, liver function, and electrolyte levels.
- Complete blood count (CBC)—This test allows us to determine how many red blood cells, white blood cells, and platelets are present in your pet’s bloodstream.
- Digital X-ray—Digital X-rays allow for immediate access to images with razor-sharp clarity so that we can see bones and teeth and determine if there is a problem.
- Ultrasound—This non-invasive technique allows us to see your pet’s soft tissue and assess any issues that may be causing discomfort in your pet.
- Urinalysis—Used for a variety of problems, this test can help identify simple urinary tract infections to kidney disease to diabetes.
In addition, our laboratory can test for problems like Lyme disease, heartworm, and other intestinal parasites. Same-day results are usually available so that your pet can start getting healthy right away.